Temperature related to color?

Shrapnailed

I have been reading that it is possible to get better colors by fluctuating the temps while incubating the eggs, is there any truths to that?

If so id love to chat with someone with some experience in doing so.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Enjoy the discussion. I get plenty of brightly colored geckos without messing with the temperatures (I incubate at a steady 83 or so).

Aliza

stager

It's by slowly increasing temps. I've tried it, it work but dropped my hatch rate down considerible. I feel you want brighter colors get some better breeders.

Music City Geckos

I am actually trying a method like this but not exactly. I am using a method that Matt Baronak talked about using in one of his vids. It uses 3 incubators, all at different temperatures. I could let you know about the results if you would like.

Shrapnailed

I am actually trying a method like this but not exactly. I am using a method that Matt Baronak talked about using in one of his vids. It uses 3 incubators, all at different temperatures. I could let you know about the results if you would like.
Yes hit me up about the results, I would love to hear about it

LepoInc

I tried for a few clutches, but I could never really tell as I didn't have anything to compare it to. I'd have to hatch a few clutches of each method from the same pair before I could make a decision. What I will say though is even with being careful about it, I've had two abnormalities. Only kinked tails but still. I got lucky it was only kinked tails.

Visit our friends