Thank buttons?

thekooliest

Website Creator
I don't think there is such thing, but it is a helpful thing on some forums.
A little thank button under where the persons avatar is, and you can click "thank" if the person helped you. And other people looking for reliable information can find the most reliable person. It will help show the real helpful people from the new people.
Just an idea, not sure if it is possible.
-Sam

R

RepBex

i guess there would be a little counter under the avatar or on that persons page showing how many they had gotten

nats

A little thank button under where the persons avatar is, and you can click "thank" if the person helped you. And other people looking for reliable information can find the most reliable person. It will help show the real helpful people from the new people.
-Sam

Yeah I've seen that sort of thing on lots of forums.
It's kind of like a rateing system. You can rate how helpful the post is, or the person :main_yes:
Is that the sort of thing you mean?

thekooliest

Website Creator
Yeah I've seen that sort of thing on lots of forums.
It's kind of like a rateing system. You can rate how helpful the post is, or the person :main_yes:
Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Exactly (great minds think alike).
I really like the idea of it.

leonut

-Sam

Kinda like the trader rating? (which is gone now:() only for how smart the person is right? but then would we have a negative rating? because i've seen that turn ugly at other forums. :anxious:

thekooliest

Website Creator
Kinda like the trader rating? (which is gone now:() only for how smart the person is right? but then would we have a negative rating? because i've seen that turn ugly at other forums. :anxious:

I don't think we have to be negative to others.
But that could be a factore also :D

Halley

jmlslayer said:
from my EXP they dont pm you when your thanked it just say "thanks for the good info" under your post

If you have a lot of thanks, people might PM you to get more info out of you instead of posting a thread. ;)

thekooliest

Website Creator
^ Exactly.
It is really helpful, and it would be an incentive to help people :D
Are you able to add that to this forum? Or is it impossible.

Halley

thekooliest said:
^ Exactly.
It is really helpful, and it would be an incentive to help people :D
Are you able to add that to this forum? Or is it impossible.

lol, that's what i don't want. I enjoy helping people to an extent. When people PM me, I’ll always answer their question(s) to the best of my ability, but I just don’t want to have to answer questions all the time.

Last edited:

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
Maybe not necessarily thank buttons, but perhaps some sort of clickable icon that adds to a person's reputation? I've seen it on other forums, thought it was pretty cool.

Visit our friends