The Elephant in the Living Room

Keith N

Just wondering the ones who watched this documentary what their opinions are? I will share my opinion and that is all it is. This is discussion not a right and wrong. I feel that you get a lot of animal owners be it exotic or domestic that in no way need to have them 1. This was brought out in the movie that we regulate dogs but there is no real registration with who has what and I totally agree with this. If officer Joe gets a call for a large exotic on the loose it would help to know who has them in the area and contact them to help solve or diffuse the situation. I also feel its up to the animal owner to have an emergency plan for these and means to control it. If Joe has a large cat then he need s to have the means to sedate the animal and not rely on us to solve the situation. I feel if they had to pay to have a tranq. gun and the training to do so it would deter a huge portion of just going onto sites and chunking down the money for their "pet". 2. I think there needs to be better regulation on who can own animals of the sorts. I think the movie showed one extreme and not to much of the other. Here is a man who is disabled, on medication, and health wise had no reason, means, or enclosure to house such an animal. This is what I have the biggest problem with. In the end its mismanagement of the environment that leads to these problems and demise of these animals( I wont give it away if none of you have seen it).

Last edited:

Visit our friends