The waiting is killing me!

staceyleigh

I thought waiting for my Bluetonge skinks to drop was awful, this is killing me! I have only 3 eggs in the incubator so far, and 2 at 31 days. Incubated at 88 degrees, so hopefully not too much longer. These are my 1st 2 ever so I think that is what is making the wait harder, I am just so excited! I had 2 go bad already, just weren't fertile, so I am so ready for these guys!

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
Be glad that you're not breeding chameleons - my clutches have all taken close to 10 months to hatch! lol Congrats on the eggs, I understand the excitement! Hopefully they don't keep you waiting too much longer.

marcia

I'm the same, i've got 14 eggs in the incubator so far and the 1st two are on day 39 incubated at 89F. Both have started getting softer and denting but i still think i may have another 5-6 days to go

staceyleigh

I have a another question about hatching. Do both eggs in a clutch usually hatch on the same day?

Marcia- hope you see yours soon-I'm sure you are closer than I am!

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
I have a another question about hatching. Do both eggs in a clutch usually hatch on the same day?

Marcia- hope you see yours soon-I'm sure you are closer than I am!
98% of the time, they both hatch the same day. But I had a few that hatched a day later. They were healthy. Not sure why it happens.
I have one eye on the incubator waiting for one to hatch, and the other eye focused on six females due to lay. LOL..no wonder my head hurts!!

staceyleigh

98% of the time, they both hatch the same day. But I had a few that hatched a day later. They were healthy. Not sure why it happens.
I have one eye on the incubator waiting for one to hatch, and the other eye focused on six females due to lay. LOL..no wonder my head hurts!!

Oh I know, I am waiting on 2 leo eggs, 3 females to lay eggs, and 2 female Blue Tongue Skinks to deliver their litters!

tb144050

This is my first year, and I have 10 females that I will be breeding...I am trying to get all my work done now....it's a fulltime job building hatchling racks, ordering supplies, maintaining Leo's, etc etc etc :O

Last edited:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
This is my first year, and I have 12 females that I will be breeding...I am trying to get all my work done now....it's a fulltime job building hatchling racks, ordering supplies, maintaining Leo's, etc etc etc :O
Wow, you are a brave soul!! My first year, four kept me hopping. Learned a lot, so this year will not be so hectic.

tb144050

Wow, you are a brave soul!! My first year, four kept me hopping. Learned a lot, so this year will not be so hectic.

Oh yeah!! Brave or stupid!! I'm in it up to my knees...

4 females from Pacific Gecko
4 females from Steve at Geckosetc
2 females from Thor Gecko.

(edit: only 10 females...I lost count...haha).

This year I expect to produce the following (all "breeder"-quality):
Trempers
Tremper eclipse
Raptors
Snow raptors
Diablo blancos
Snow Diablo blancos
SHTCT's
Blood cross SHTCT's
Sunglows
marble eye SHTCT's
Marble eye Hypo's
and a very few hopeful Tremper Marble eyes (I plan to call them "Red dawns" :D )
(and maybe a few other combinations that pop out...like a Super snow raptor or Super snow Diablo blanco, if I am lucky...)

It's gonna be a marvelous first year :D

Last edited:

staceyleigh

tb144050- Yes that is quite alot you are trying to tackle this season, lol... good luck with your projects!

I have a total of 4 females, 2 are now ovulating and laying, one ovulating and should be laying soon, and the 4th is still a little young and probably won't ovulate until June or so. So a small start up for me, which is good because I will most likely have a couple dozen baby Northern BTS to care for around mid-May, so still busy....

Visit our friends