Thermometer

K.Ray

Do i put the thermometer probe u set the substrate (paper towel) or on it? I have it on top but it seems the temp is too high as she stays on the cooler slate rather than the floor or I her cave with a ceramic tile

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, put it on top of the paper towel. If you have it on top of the paper towel and it is reading too high and the gecko is staying away from that area, it means you need to get a thermostat to regulate the heat so it isn't too hot. ESU and Zilla make relatively cheap ones that work well.

Aliza

K.Ray

Thank u and I do have a thermostat to regulate the temp. It has been running about 33°C and she's been loving it but I cleaned her tank Sunday (just warm water) and she won't have anything to do with her hides. She usually switches between the hot and the moist but she won't go in either. All week she's been like this. I fed her today and she ate good and she's been using the bathroom. I just don't know why else she wouldn't be going in them?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have geckos that never go in their hides. I find that they "fall in love" with a particular location or behavior for awhile and then it changes to something else.

Aliza

Visit our friends