thermostat?

wgparks

What is a good thermostat for me to get for my AFT? I just have him on a heating pad with carpet over the glass and i would just like the control the pad a little more to keep the temps a little more consistent, but i'm not looking to spend a whole lot on a thermostat, i want an inexpensive yet good thermostat, its for a 20 G long tank

JdiLb

Not sure if you still need help but if you do, here it is:
Helix are generally pretty expensive but are great, I would say go with these if you're more serious or have the money (usually around $125). I use these for the snakes.
Zilla thermostats are pretty good, I purchased one for my first AFT. The temps vary a little bit but it keeps it in the general range, and anyway in the wild temps vary a lot. It was $34.
Cheap thermostats aren't usually as accurate but if it's a hobby or you're just starting they're a good place to start, then once you get into it or start breeding get some Helix's. That's how I look at it anyway.

gixxer3420

I use herpstats, johnsons, and rancos on all of my racks and incubators and they all work great. Prices on these three range from $75-$129.

JdiLb

I use herpstats, johnsons, and rancos on all of my racks and incubators and they all work great. Prices on these three range from $75-$129.

Do you use racks with built in thermostats or normal? I'm actually building a new rack with my friend this weekend, but I've wondered how good the ones with built in thermostats are. Very expensive though.

Visit our friends