They just won't eat .. hatchling 12 days old

doodle

My first two leopard gecko hatched not to long ago .. one was hatched oct 10 and the other was hatched on the 13th ..

both appear to be doing fine .. very active.

They both shed already and pooped once .. but have not been eating at all ..
I'm starting to get really worried that they will starve to death ..

anyone know what I can do ? I tired the squishing meal worm trick but no luck ..:main_thumbsdown:

both are on paper towel .. heating is fine to.

SC Geckos

You may have to make a slurry and feed them by putting drops of it on the tip of there nose once or maybe twice a day until they come around.
Are they your first hatchlings?
Are they from the same clutch?
I have had hatchlings that started out not feeding but never clutch mates with the same issue.

I know that hatchlings can survive a few days with out eating! But dont know exactly how many days! Part of the hatching prosses is to eat the fluids of their egg.. I think you should not worry just yet... I recomend that you dont offer any more food in the next 3 to 4 days! And then feed them with a LIVE! Mealworm.... If they dont eat it then i will get worried, jeje! Good Luck!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would hold off on the slurry. I'd worry that they'll get used to "purees" and not get the live feeder habit. I've had quite a few hatchlings that seem to be living on air and growing very slowly. On a rare occasion, the hatchling just didn't eat and died, but I imagine there was something wrong with it that I couldn't see. Some hatchlings just take a really long time. Keep offering, make sure they have plenty of water and be patient. If you want, you can hold the hatchling gently and poke the tail end of a small mealworm at its mouth. Most babies will try to bite anything that gets too near the mouth. Some of mine still spit out the worm but they may take it. If it doesn't try not to worry.

Aliza

stager

I had a hatchling that wouldn't eat for a very long time was sure he would die. Even tried the slurry and still would not eat. Then one day he finally took a meal worm, happy tpo say he eats like a beast now and actually surpased his hatchmate.

Visit our friends