Thinking to get one pair of fat tail

superknoty

Hi guys , I am thinking to get two of my fat tail gecko one male and one female. I have to be honestly I never have any of information of fat tail before here are my question

1. Does its habit same as LPG ?

2. Can Fat tail and LPG be mate ?

3. I heard some peoples suggest that fat tails gecko require a great deal of moisture to keep it healthy ?

4. What is the things I have to be careful with this little guy

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
1. Does its habit same as LPG ?
Yes, they just require higher humidity.

2. Can Fat tail and LPG be mate ?
Yes, but it usually leads to infertile eggs, and if the eggs gecko hybrid makes it full term, they usually don't live past a few days.

3. I heard some peoples suggest that fat tails gecko require a great deal of moisture to keep it healthy ?
False, proper humidity can easily be attained with proper substrate, misting, and a humidity box. In fact too much humidity can be bad and cause respiratory problems.

4. What is the things I have to be careful with this little guy.
Be careful handling, like all reptiles. Other than than that they are very hardy geckos.

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM. Hope this helps, and good luck finding your new fatties! :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
1. fat tails are similar to leopard geckos. Major differences are: fat tails need more humidity (I mist mine every morning) and tend not to like worms but do well with crickets or roaches

2. fat tails and leopard geckos are not cross fertile and in any case should not be housed together

3. a daily misting is fine and fat tails don't require the kind of high humidity rainforest environment that day geckos require

4. fat tails tend to be a bit more shy than leopard geckos and spend more of their time hiding; otherwise, you can treat a fat tail pretty much like a leo in my opinion.

Aliza

Visit our friends