Tiny Fatty

Khenut

Haven't been active on here for a while, so here's some new photos of Sagira. She's plumped up a great deal in the past few months. :) My best guess was she was born some time in June 2012, so that makes her about 9-10 months old. Started out at a measly 11 grams in late October and now weighs 56+ grams.
sagira-002_zps7a08574a.png
sagira-009_zpsb068e605.png
sagira-004_zps81ecdc4c.png

Geckomaster743

Khenut she's huge! I remember the small photos of her. I have 7 Gecko's and it will soon be the 2nd year that Ive had them for most. None of them have ever gotten that big. I'll try weighing again to find out the weights but please share what your doing to get them to weigh that much.

Things like what you feed them, What you supplement, How many times do you feed them a day/2 Days/3 Days/A Week/ Etc, How many do you feed when you do feed them, Whats the Constant Temp most of the time, Heatpad or Lights.

Khenut

Thank you. :) During her peak growth months, 4-8 or so months, when she was gaining the most weight I offered her food every day (handfed... my geckos are spoiled lol). Normally 10+ food items, appropriately sized. Mealworms, crickets and waxworms. Crickets were her main food source then I moved to mealworms with waxworm treats to fatten her up. After she slowed down and started levelling out in her weight I introduced superworms to her diet which replaced the crickets. I may start feeding dubia roaches when my girlfriend gets her colony. So currently, I offer my geckos food every other day and have lowered the amount of feeders to 6-8 because I'm feeding larger supers and mealies. Crickets I use to get Ramses to eat when he's finnicky, but they're not often bought anymore.
I supplement with Repashy Calcium plus on the feeder bugs every time I feed, and also added some Repashy Superpig into the mealworm dish. The temps I keep are 89-96 (naturally fluctuates a little but never surpasses this range), and I use Zoomed heat pads with a Zoomed thermostat. I do not use heat lamps, as I don't think they're beneficial, but that's just an opinion. I use led lights to light up their tanks though, but they do not emit a substantial amount of heat.
For their moist hides I use tupperware with moist sphagnum moss, which I spray periodically and more so when they are in shed. Calcium without d3 is always available too. They also get some natural light from my window but it never gets direct sunlight.
Hope this helps. :)

Caleb C

Dang, lol! There's already a small amount of superpig inside the calcium plus, and I believe that the superpig only enhances the orange-red colors. She's already up to breeding weight, and I remember seeing her a while back, when she looked awkward and skinny :)

Khenut

Yeah I know there is, I just added a tiny bit more for Ramses since he's got some bright color genes. :D
She was quite a runty little thing when I got her. I'm glad she fattened up. xD Haha Someday I'll probably breed her to Ramses, but he's 98 grams. Quite a bit larger than this tiny thing. haha

Geckomaster743

Khenut Im about to send all of my geckos to you for a few monthes of weight gain xD Lololololol. Yeah I normally feed 3 - 4 Superworms/ 3 - 4 Mealworms a Day. The big boys like Achilles get Giant's though I'm only ever keeping there weight the same. Like I never see it increase, But yeah i'll try what your doing. Thanks for the tips c:

Caleb C

10 seems a bit much for me. I feed 5 mealworms the lengths of their heads every day. They slowly gain weight, as i'm in no hurry. I don't plan on breeding, so i'm fine with semi-fat tails.

Visit our friends