Tips on taking Pics?

Amber7399

Fab~u~lous!
Ok so i am a new Sanke mom. I got my first Corn snake around the middle of september. he is a litte over a year already and I really would like to take some pictures of him.so..... to all of you experienced snake breeders/keepers. any tips on how to photgraph my little chunk?

I think that if i put him down somewhere he will get away. :main_huh: i'm very nervouse of him getting away. butwant to be able to take a picture of him that does not include me holding him with one hand.... or of him through the tank glass with him half way submurged in his substrate

thank you in advance for any responses :)
Amber

Eddie

Basically, here's what I do. Works for most of my snakes most of the time. I take out the snake to photograph, paying attention to his/her mood at the time. I hold it for a few minutes until it settles down and relaxes (stops running). I like to use props because it gives me something to try to keep the snake confined to. After about 3 tries of trying to get the worm to hold still, most will "sort of" hold still or at least explore slowly. As they move away from the prop, I lightly touch the snake's nose. Most times you get a light "coil back and stop" reaction like this:

IMGP0918.jpg

Occasionally I get tagged here, but not often and it never hurts. Most of mine also seem almost used to the photographs, but I suspect it's just me getting used to them...

14nov10.jpg

ghostfem4.jpg

Amber7399

Fab~u~lous!
WOW!! those pictures are amazing!! Thanks so for sharing those.....and Thanks for the advice guys! i want to go home and take pictures now :D

Visit our friends