Tokay Eggs... Help

rainydays

My Tokay laid 2 eggs (I am not sure when) that I found 3 days ago. I moved them (still attached to the log) to a warmer enclosure (about 85) and now they stink terribly and one of the eggs has a crack in it with fluid leaking out (I have not touched the eggs). Does this mean they have died / rotten? Has anyone heard of this and still have them hatch?

rainydays

I didn't think they would breed so soon. I got them with the intentions of breeding them, but just thought it would be awhile (months) before they actually would. I am throwing these eggs out and buying an incubator for the next time. One egg looks fine, but I can't separate it from the bad egg without damaging it. Plus, because the temps drop at night it probably isn't any good.

Geckomaster743

Hahaha yeah Incubators are normally a bit bigger then the amount of eggs your going to be producing. I would suggest a Hovabator and some more cages.
LLL Reptiles has amazing Hovabators/Incubators and just about every thing on the web for reptiles.
Just promise me you wont over breed :p It gets to be a hassle really fast. If you got the time go for it. Heres a link, http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...ecial-1602-incubator-hatchrite-and-deli-cups/
Remember do you Humidity research for Vermiculite or what ever Incubation matieral your going to use. If you look back at some posts I believe I my self have asked questions about it and gotten really good answers from Kelly and meg. I wonder where those two are havent been on in a month. But yeah, Pearlite, Vermiculute and Hatchrite are the most popular. If you get the 50$ Deal you get Hatchrite included. Make sure to keep the incubator in a good room temprature place. Never too hot or too cold. Good luck! Remember to look at old posts.

Visit our friends