Tokay Gecko

Rylee

3 Year Member
I thought that too! I handled her with gloves but she wasn't aggressive so I now handle her bare-handed without any problems.

Rylee

3 Year Member
I feed mine crickets, 10-15 crickets 2-3 times a week, dusted with calcium powder every other feeding. Mine was $15, ive never seen one for higher than $20. I house mine in a 20 gallon tall exo terra terrarium, the ones that open in the front (the enclosure in the pic is smaller than a 20 gal im about to get a bigger one)

Rylee

3 Year Member
Mine was aggressive in the beginning, but i bought a pair of gloves and took it out once day (You don't have to use gloves if it's a baby) and handled it with the gloves on. When she no longer was bothered by me handling her, I decided to take the gloves off and handle her, and everything went fine! So now I handle her gloveless and she's not aggressive at all.

Rylee

3 Year Member
Yea! She's like a slate blue, or grayish in the photo but at night she turns a light blue and the orange spots look even cooler!

Malea

3 Year Member
wow! My tokay gecko hates me! I try to hold him, but he just keeps on bitting! Any advice?

Rylee

3 Year Member
wow! My tokay gecko hates me! I try to hold him, but he just keeps on bitting! Any advice?
You should use gloves and handle him once a day with them. Eventually, he'll get used to being picked up and you can just use your hands.

Visit our friends