too big?

Ryno

Hey everyone, I had a few questions. To start, is there such a thing as too big of a tank? I use to breed cichlids and have an assortment of tanks. Several 10 gallons, 2x 20 gallons, 29 gallon, 55 gallon, 75 gallon and a 125 gallon. I don't plan on breeding (at least not at the moment), so can I for say put 2 or 3 females in the 125 or do I need to still keep it 1 per tank in smaller tanks? If so, since it is so long, do I need to use a heater on both ends? And everyone talks about a moist box, does that go on the warmer end or cooler side? I was at repticon today and saw a lot of equipment and geckos, yet I didn't even think to ask all the breeders and shops there. I'm still in the research process before I jump and buy. I'm a firm believer in research, research , research. Also, should I buy from my local pet store or should I buy from breeders or exotic pet shops? Quality over cost? Another question, I know leos don't need UVB lights and I still have all my light fixtures from my tanks, since my room doesn't get much sunlight, would the lights put off too much heat? Would I need LED lights instead of the bulb lights? Whats the best way to regulate the temp of the heat mats when they can't be set to a specific temp? All and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF! Some people feel very strongly that leopard geckos should never be kept together, but I've had no problems in general keeping them in small groups. A hatchling or juvenile may be lost in an enclosure much bigger than 10 or 20 gallons, but there's always the option to partition off a larger tank. In my opinion, if you use your largest tank, get the largest heat pad you can and put the heat on one side. The humid hide can go on either side. With an enclosure that size you could probably have one on the hot side and one on the cool side.

Aliza

Visit our friends