TOXIC PLANT? PLEASE HELP.

Khenut

I recently bought this "Tropical Plant" from Home Depot, and I had it in my Cresties terrarium, trusting the employee's word- stupid as that was, and after a bit more research I see it looks very very similar to the Dieffenbachia plants. She didn't eat any, as far as I can tell, and couldn't have come into much in the way of its plant juices, but still. I whisked it out of there just in case.

IMAG0092.png

Embrace Calamity

How would an employee of Home Depot know what's safe for your crested gecko? =/ From what I can find, yes, they're toxic, if that's what your question is. You should probably call a vet and at least ask them what signs you should look out for.

~Maggot

Khenut

More or less, I was asking them if they knew if the plant had any sort of toxicity. Obviously they wouldn't even know what a Gecko is. I was hoping they might have had more information on this plant, as I'm normally very nitpicky about where I buy things for my pets.
My gecko appears to be acting normally and still eating, so I am not concerned as of yet. I appreciate your comment, thank you.

Embrace Calamity

More or less, I was asking them if they knew if the plant had any sort of toxicity. Obviously they wouldn't even know what a Gecko is. I was hoping they might have had more information on this plant, as I'm normally very nitpicky about where I buy things for my pets.
My gecko appears to be acting normally and still eating, so I am not concerned as of yet. I appreciate your comment, thank you.
Much like the pet store people can't be trusted with reptile advice, Home Depot people shouldn't be trusted with toxicity advice. The fact is that they're not trained to know how safe each plant is. Dieffenbachia poisoning: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia That's for people, of course, but it's also proven toxic to pets.

~Maggot

Visit our friends