traveling buddies?

geckofreak24

okay, i have to go to my cottage for a few days, and i have to bring my baby bearded and iguana, the baby is very tiny do her can just go in a critter keeper, and im taking my iguana in a ten gallon. but my but i would love to be able to take my other bearded, but i can only take two tanks, do u think it would be okay to keep my older bearded and baby iguana in a ten gallon for the trip op there, there the same size, and seem to get along fine, when i get up there i can use another tank. do u think they would do okay for a dew hour car ride?

JordanAng420

Get some deli cups or some tupperware with some holes poked through it. They'll be much safer that way.

I would NOT put a beardy and an iguana in the same cage for even a minute or two.

Starwild

Gex 'n Snakes
well, i di, and they love each other, they basked right next to eachother, it was rlly cute.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but lizards don't love one another like that. They are territorial animals and when they climb on/over/near each other it is often an expression of exerting dominance, a prelude to a fight.

Of course they were basking next to each other, if they're in the same cage and there's only one light, they're going to have to bask next to each other. That does not mean it's the ideal setup.

You really need to not ever put them in the same container or you will risk something going wrong and one or both ending up dead. I am sure you do not want that. Maybe it was fine once, but doing it again and risking the lives of your animals for no good reason would be wasteful and dangerous. You might be able to close your eyes and run across a busy highway and not get hit by a car, but would you really want to do it on a regular basis?

Also, iguanas can't live forever in glass aquariums, I hope you've planned for taking care of yours when it is five feet long and grumpy.

Just my .02

geckofreak24

ha, yes im aware of that. there only a few months old, and the ten gallon tank was tempoary because i could not fit the 40 gallon that his is on now in the car.

Visit our friends