Traveling with geckos

Afrika

Hello my name is afrika and i currently live in Kentucky but in june i will be moving back to my home state California. We will be driving all the way there. I have two leopard geckos and just needed advice on how i should go about taking them with me as i love them to much to get rid of them.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Get either 2 deli cups with holes (check out shipyourreptiles.com for the supplies) or 2 small critter keepers. Get 1 or 2 (depending on whether you keep your leopard geckos together normally or not) temporary tanks for them. This could either be 2 10-gallon tanks or 2 large (17"x12") plastic critter keepers/faunariums. Alternatively, if you're taking their tank(s) in the car with you, you can use that. Travel with the geckos each in a deli cup or small container. If you stop for lunch or something, put the containers in a canvas bag and take it into the restaurant with you. Don't advertise that you're dong this (why cause a possible problem?). It's really important not to leave the geckos in the (cold) car if you make a stop. They will be fine with whatever heat you're using in the car to make yourselves comfortable, even though it's cooler than they're used to. When you stop for the night, set up their regular or temporary cage(s) first to give the heat mat time to start getting warm. You can feed them, but don't be surprised if they don't eat.
Have a good trip.

Aliza

C

cesasder

Maybe you should buy special transportation for your leopard geckos, it will be more reliable, and I don't think there will be a problem with that. Pet stores have everything possible for that nowadays. We drove our own, so there was no problem; leash and muzzle were sufficient!

wiltwhite

Maybe you should buy special transportation for your leopard geckos, it will be more reliable, and I don't think there will be a problem with that. Pet stores have everything possible for that nowadays. We drove our own, so there was no problem; leash and muzzle were sufficient!
It's an exciting situation. We lived in California last year. My wife and I visited Hawaii found an enjoyable tour here molokai leper colony. Our dog Jack came with us, as we had no one to leave him with and he has been a member of our family for a long time, and we thought he would be very interesting with us too. Maybe you should buy special transportation for your leopard geckos, it will be more reliable, and I don't think there will be a problem with that. Pet stores have everything possible for that nowadays. We drove our own, so there was no problem; leash and muzzle were sufficient! Peace to all!

Visit our friends