Twins?

Landen

LSReptiles
Has anyone ever successfully hatched two healthy hatchlings from one single egg before? I have an egg due in a few days that came from a female that has laid several small eggs this year, this clutch only produced one egg and it was not her first or last clutch. It was laid an average size (big for her). It's so big it's actually closer to round than an oval. Not counting on twins but sure would be cool if it happens..... Wife just called and said it's moving like crazy.

tazz0710

i hatched twins last year do a search on here for the pics they are both still doing fine however the one still has a kink in his back.

Angel

there was a post on here recently titled something like need math help or something and there was a picture of twins, very cute. Keep us updated when it hatches would deff be cool if it were twins lol you never know could be a very chunky leo in there :D

goReptiles

I too have hatched small geckos from large eggs. You may get an average size gecko. The egg looks normal to me, even though it may be large for that particular female. Keep us updated though.

Landen

LSReptiles
I agree and still expect a normal hatchling, But it is really big for this particular female. I'm not expecting twins, but just got started thinking about it since this was not the 1st or last clutch from this female. It's still unhatched so we'll see.

Landen

LSReptiles
Well it wasn't twins but one very fat and healthy snake eyed raptor. Towards the end of it's incubation I could tell it was clearly not twins, when it dented there was definately not enough room for two in there. I sat and watched it hatch though !!

This hatchling is not near the length of my possible giant hatchlings from another pair, but it was noticably fat and weighed in just over 4 grams.

View attachment 31074

Last edited:

Landen

LSReptiles
Yeah it would have been nice to get twins but at the same time I'm happy with this fat little raptor het DB. :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends