Two interesting questions

sk8ergrl927

So today is saturday, the day i clean everything, including Princes cage. WHile removing stuff, i found a superworm i thought my gecko ate but i guess not. It had managed to get under his moist hide, and eat through two layers of paper towel.There this worm was in a perfect circle, just laying there. Prince ran outta his hide and gobbled it up before i even thought about is that safe for him? I mean the worm just ate paper towels, and my gecko ate him. Do you think hell be ok or should i keep an eye on him?

Also, how many of your geckos dig after you clean their cage. I could get if I had a female, and the nesting habits, but hes a male. Im confused.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

JordanAng420

He should be fine. If he can digest the worm safely, then he can digest the paper towels that the worm ate safely. :)

Almost all of my geckos dig. It seems as if most of them don't appreciate clean cages and neat moist hides. The sphagnum moss is no good if it isn't spread all over the cage apparently.

ajveachster

The paper towel worm is fine. Many of my geckos like to rearrange their homes as soon as I'm done with them. Everything sounds normal for your gecko.

Bellalee

I'm sorry I had to lol.. I couldn't see my geckos gobbling anything up.

Yes mess = fantastic. Paper should be fine.. it has to be in very small shreds.

GeckoNub

I wonder if the worm tasted any different being stuffed with paper towel :laugh4:

Mine also dig, especially Daisy. I put her moss all nicely in her hide and put the lid on, and by the next day she has dug out all one side and squashed herself down into it as far as she can go :D

The short time i had Yoshi on sand he would dig himself a nice space under his cork bark to get more comfy.

I sometimes wish i could use a loose substrate so they could dig and alter their home to how they want it :(

Visit our friends