Two Males

Kuvats

Hello
long story short we purchased a female turns out its a male well the two males got into a battle The loser by the time i got to him has a small nick in his tail and a a bit on his leg with a red hint of small amount of blood Is there anything i can do to help it ? Doesnt look to bad but just a little concerned
thanks in advance for any help.
george

Khrysty

Just make sure you've separated them. Don't let the injured one on any loose substrate (keep him on paper or tile). And make sure the wounds are clean. If you want, you can put unmedicated neosporin on the wounds but that would probably be unnecessary. He'll heal himself in a couple sheds.

Kuvats

Hello
Thanks thats what i thought we alwasy use paper towels he is limping a bit but we immediatly speperated them Ill keep and eye on him and just let him rest.
Thanks
george

MiamiLeos

sorry to hear about that. i would always advise to be suppppper careful with infections. many reptiles (leos included) have a very weak immune system. the smallest bacteria could literally kill your leo in a matter of weeks. good going with the paper towels. keep his enclosure oober sanitary. a 1:20 bleach solution works good for quick clean ups. I would also take a qtip and clean his bites witl a 1:15 solution of water and betadine twice a day. neosporin was also mentioned and can help as well. the main thing is prevention of ANY bacteria getting in the open wounds. he should be just fine but i feel the best treatment for a problem is prevention :)

Visit our friends