Two New Amel Ladies

Fatal_S

Mel's Exotics
I have finally started my collection! I lucked out and two breeder amel AFTs came up locally. I scooped them within minutes of the post :D

These were sold to the owner as a peach and a tangerine amel, brought from the USA. They're at least a couple years old. The seller is looking for more information for me.

Both bred to a normal male this year, and have produced lots of fertile eggs, but none hatched. Not sure why. One laid the day she came to me (at his place) but the eggs were yellow. They've been fed on crickets and pinky mice and are already fantastic eaters here.

My photos aren't great. I was too excited to wait, but didn't want to bug them much, so I grabbed some very quick photos in their bins. No names yet, I'm working on it.

Female Amel #1:
Image090.jpg

Female Amel #2:
Image089.jpg

I thought I was ready, but I still have so much to learn. Off to do more research. I'll post better photos soon :)

Fatal_S

Mel's Exotics
Thank you for the kind words. I picked up another little lady this past weekend (normal) and I'll get some photos tonight.

I'm still waiting for Urban to update so I can get a real group going. I've heard lots of good, but with it taking so long I'm starting to look into importing from the USA -.-' I'm not good at being patient.

Visit our friends