Uh oh....lizard puke :-(

PaladinGirl

Hi all
Some of you have probably seen my posts about my new fatty that I just got. I'm already worried something is wrong. *sigh*

So when I brought him home yesterday evening, he was eating his skin. Last night he ate a few crickets soon after I put him in his tank. He pooped last night, looked normal. He looks healthy to me, his siblings looked healthy too. I know that's not always a 100% guarantee that there's not something going on.

In the last hour or so it looks like he might have regurgitated. I found a little log-shaped blob, brownish in color. Looks like his skin I think, with maybe small pieces of cricket in it. It's too big to be poop. Is this anything to worry about? Maybe it's from the stress of yesterday? Could he not be digesting right due to temp? His warm side is 90 degrees, is that warm enough?

Wowoklol

Did you buy from a reputable breeder? Can you contact them? I would let them know right away and inquire about the animals history just in case things go bad.. You just bought it so as long as you are in the ballpark, I don't think your husbandry would be in question. 90 deg would seem to me just fine. Maybe it was shaken up from all of the jostling around. From home to show then home with you. Pretty stressful on the little guy I'd imagine.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes they overeat and then they regurgitate. It's worthwhile checking with the place you got it from just to be sure everything is OK.

Aliza

Visit our friends