Unusual Crestie Behavior:

LovelyLeopards14

I have two juvie crested geckos in separate cages nearby each other. They are quite shy around me, but when i happen to sneak up on them, they are both on the sides of their containers, staring at each other. Should i allow them to interact with one another? Do they really get "lonely?"

HerpDerp

If they are both female, and you have the appropriate sized tank, absolutely you can house them together. However, if they are both male, DON'T DO IT. Males can be very territorial. Female and Male may be housed together, but I would wait until they are the appropriate weight, as the male will try to mate, and can get quite aggressive in the act!
As for if Cresties get lonely, its hard to say for sure. I'm going to say that if they see another animal they can socialize with, the natural impulse is going to be to try and socialize. If you aren't sure of their genders, maybe create a visual barrier between the two. Plywood works great, it takes up very little space between the tanks, and insulates nicely if you live in a cold climate like myself.

DrCarrotTail

Mine also seem interested with each other but being as they are territorial I keep them separately for safety. If you don't mind lost tails you could potentially keep females or opposite sexes together but I like to be safe rather than sorry with my own. I don't think they get lonely.

Visit our friends