Unusual feces, loss of appetite

P

PaleoDingo

Hi there, I'm new to the forums, but I wanted to get some advice on my new AFT.

I bought him a few weeks ago at the Lexington Reptile Expo. He's wild-caught and has the tip of his tail regenerating. When I first got him he was eating well, active, etc. Then about a week ago he suddenly stopped eating. I try every day to feed him crickets, and I've tried mealworms, but he's been so uninterested in them. His feces have varied quite a bit, and his last solid normal one was Monday. From then on it's either been small and dry tan-ish, or this vivid runny light green/dark green/off white mixture (excluding the urates). I uploaded a picture of his second-to most recent one, and even though it's blurry you can get an idea of the coloring. His tail is slowly shrinking as well. I'm planning on going to the vet sometime this week, and was also planning on doing a self-fecal float exam this weekend or this week. Any ideas what it could be? My best guess was coccidia, but it's hard to be sure until he get's tested.
His setup has been at all the parameters recommended, paper towel substrate, plenty of hides (including a meticulously kept humid one).

The second picture is when I first got him, and you can see his tail was small to begin with. It's thinned out the past week.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Being a wild cauught animal it's a good chance it could have a parasite issue. You could take a fecal sample to your vet and have it checked is where I would start.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Having a WC animal parasites are almost always the case. Everything from crypto to pinworm, and all sort in between.

Visit our friends