Update on my Leo's

Geckomaster743

Well i cant say things have gone for the worse but things are starting to look bad.
Artemis is healing well on the injured legs/arm and is getting ready for her first shed since she had developed these problems. She still continues to have calcium and i may save the hedge hogs for another occasion and get her to a vet or focus on getting her some supplies.

Thesus and Neo have suddenly gotten sick or so i think. I was on vaction for around 4 days and i gave my dad a hand written guide on how to handle, feed, and take care of these geckos personally since ive been around them for a while and gotten used to them. Well mainly every thing was taken care of well except for the poop control and he accidently switched the lights and put them in the wrong spot which i seriously think affected some thing. Ive always bought dimmers or lights that dont get too full blast but i recently bought a Light that dosent have a dimmer but a on and off switch and it gets very bright. Now normally Neo is ok with those lights and has some extra hides in there just incase it gets too hot in one spot but Thesus dosent. When i got back the lights were switched and Neo and Thesus had each others lights though i notcied Thesus wouldnt stop closing his eyes. During feeding, During the time when the light is off, During any thing. He just looked very sleepy and hasnt eatten in around 5 days. Of course when i take him out of the cage or attempt too he runs like crazy and opens his eyes the whole time hes out and the whole time im attempting to pick him up. Ive been trying to gather up information to see if any thing is affecting him besides the lights but Neo is begun dealing with the same problem except hes not closing his eyes, Hes just lost interest in food. Im not sure if this is a related problem in between the two or two seperate diseases/problems. I really need some advice to help Thesus but im trying to get water in to his system from tommorow. Neo got water today and has also not eatten in a while. Of course i know that geckos will some times take breaks and can be ok for monthes but i prefer every thing to stay normal and to keep every one perfectly healthy so i dont have to worry through the complete situation. Any way i'll take any advice, suggestions, suspicions any one has! Im not sure if this is a sleeping issue but im going to get some information from my dad on how he treated, took care of every one. So far the only behavior that ive noticed is that Thesus prefers to stay in the corner when its day time and stays in the rock when its night time, Could the rock be getting too hot? Could he be going through dehydration?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
What kind of lights are these? If they are UV, they could be suffering from UV keratitis, which is like a sunburn of the cornea (the outer surface of the eye). It can happen in reptiles when their lights are too bright and/or too close, It's also pretty common if you use coil UV bulbs, which produce UV rays unevenly and causes "hot spots" (coil UV bulbs = BAD). UV keratitis will cause your gecko pain and possibly temporary vision loss, but should heal on its own fairly quickly. It's a good idea to keep any lights at least 12 inches from your animals, further if they are especially bright.

Geckomaster743

UV lights are purple right? Most of my lizards dont use nightlights because it never gets hot or too cold but 2 of them in general have UV's for night and then 1 has a UV day light but it never got mixed up with every one and i try to keep it away from her eyes. She dosent really show any vison problems but i mean Thesus he freakin Sleeps standing up. He just stands there with eyes closed under the bulb. I cant tell if he just loves the heat or is having some sort of problem but the not eatting thing is sort of giving me a sign that this is bad.

Visit our friends