Update on my "Miracle" Geckos

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
A lot of you will remember these 2 girls. A few months back I had posted on the "Other" site how I was having eye infection problems with 3 related geckos, the mother, and 2 of her daughters. Well, after many trips to the vet and quite a bit of money later, I found out it was a bacterial infection in their eyes. Unfortunately the mother Dominoe didn't make it, I think the stress from syringe feeding and the trips to the vet paid quite a toll on her.

But, her daughters are doing great! Oreo, has gained all her weight back, plus some, and has since laid 2 perfect fertile clutches of eggs.

Sammie, is doing great as well. The vet had told me that she was blind in one eye and was probably going to be blind in the other eye, but, I think they are wrong. Sammie eats with no problems and no help from me. She eats Superworms, Mealworms, and Crickets all on her own. She also looks directly at me when I open her enclosure, and blinks when I take pictures of her.

Well, here they are, first in Oreo:

P1010024.jpg

And, here is Sammie:

P1010028.jpg

If anyone wants to read the thread about their eye infections, her is a link to the thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77152&highlight=INFECTIONS+LEOPARD+GECKO

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
I do remember the story and I am glad that they pulled through. The fact that you didn't give up on them is a testament to your dedication to your animals. Isn't Oreo a line bred snow? She is awesome looking.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Franks_Geckos said:
Isn't Oreo a line bred snow? She is awesome looking.

Oreo's mother, Dominoe, was sold to me as a Line Bred Snow, but I beleive that she was actually a Mack. I got 4 babies from Dominoe, 2 Black & White babies, and 2 normals. Oreo is one of the Black & Whites.

I bred Oreo to a Normal male, if I get a Black & White and a Normal from her first or second clutch, I am going to put my male Mack in with her, and see if I get Supers ;)

Franks_Geckos said:
The fact that you didn't give up on them is a testament to your dedication to your animals.

Having animals as pets/breeders is a responsibility that I take very seriously. I bought/hatched my Geckos knowing that they rely on me for proper care, and I will do what it takes to give them the that care.

brandy101010

Jeanne said:
Having animals as pets/breeders is a responsibility that I take very seriously. I bought/hatched my Geckos knowing that they rely on me for proper care, and I will do what it takes to give them the that care.

Right on! :main_yes:

Sorry for your loss of the mother. But i'm very glad the other two pulled through! Great job!

B

Brian O

Sorry to hear about their mother, but thats great that the babies made it.

Visit our friends