URGENT

Phoenix

My friend had a Chinese Water Dragon that seems to be very sick, I have never had one of these and im not too sure of the proper care for them, this is what she told me about him:

" He sleeps even when I pick him up and he hasen't eaten for days and days...I thought I had all the temps and humidity levels good, but I bought some more thermometers to be sure. I also got some water cleanser and some vitamin d3 for the water. I hope he feels better soon :( i gave him a warm soak cuz google said to yesterday but if i hadnt held on he would have just sunk with his eyes closed. Ugh I cried! Know of any vets in Ottawa for reptiles? "

She did a lot of research before she bought him and she is a very responsible person so I am sure she has the humidity and temperature right. She DID buy him from the pet store about 2-3 months ago, any ideas? I suggested silkworms or butterworms to get him eating again but im sure he's way past eating anything at this point :(

Matt K

Vitamins, big shollow pan of water to sit in. Could he have mites? Not the typical big black reptile mite, but I once had a problem with a barely visible grey mite that stopped the affected lizards from eating or drinking... you can sort of see it alright with your eyes, but a magnifying glass helps a whole lot. It was hard to get rid of too.

May also want to give some baby food mixed with Metronidazole .5% in there to kill off internal bugs if there are any (I get a small jar of Turkey baby food and mix meds in, then with a syringe squirt it in the reptiles mouth- enough to swallow a couple mouthfulls only, and then again later in the day).

Its been a while since I had to treat a w/c sick animal, but I recall it worked like a charm.

Maybe that will help?

Visit our friends