UVB and Pangea food questions

Silas

I'm trying to make sure my crested gecko will live as long as possible and I want to offer it everything it needs, so I came across this light from ReptiZoo:
amazon.com/REPTIZOO-Compact-Reptile-Rainforest-Tortoise/dp/B07CWMLLP9

It offers 5% UVB and 30% UVA. The crested gecko I'm looking to get also eats this Pangea food mix:
amazon.com/dp/B00KO450UC and amazon.com/Pangea-Fruit-Insects-Crested-Complete/dp/B00C9JBTI2

Will this be too much UVB for a crested gecko? I don't want to harm it by giving it too much UVB (which a lot of places online says it can be toxic)

Thomastort

I'm trying to make sure my crested gecko will live as long as possible and I want to offer it everything it needs, so I came across this light from ReptiZoo:
amazon.com/REPTIZOO-Compact-Reptile-Rainforest-Tortoise/dp/B07CWMLLP9

It offers 5% UVB and 30% UVA. The crested gecko I'm looking to get also eats this Pangea food mix:
amazon.com/dp/B00KO450UC and amazon.com/Pangea-Fruit-Insects-Crested-Complete/dp/B00C9JBTI2

Will this be too much UVB for a crested gecko? I don't want to harm it by giving it too much UVB (which a lot of places online says it can be toxic)
Crested geckos don't need UVB light. And the uvb bulb you were looking into getting hurts reptiles eyes and they actually don't produce any uvb at all. They should not even be sold.

Silas

Crested geckos don't need UVB light. And the uvb bulb you were looking into getting hurts reptiles eyes and they actually don't produce any uvb at all. They should not even be sold.
Alright I'll look into something else then, thank you!

By chance do you know any lights that support plant growth without endangering a crested gecko?

Thomastort

Alright I'll look into something else then, thank you!

By chance do you know any lights that support plant growth without endangering a crested gecko?
Any plant light should work. I don't know of any ever endangering any animal.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I use regular dome lights with a compact florescent grow light for my planted crestie and gang enclosures and the plants do well.

Aliza

Visit our friends