V. timorensis pictures

This animal was sold to me as a CB V. timorensis. V. timorensis and V.auffenbergi are very similar, but I doubt it is a Peacock (Auffenberg's Monitor) unless there is something obvious that I missed. If so please point it out, thank you.

Well that is rather funny. Since the breeder that sold me the animal didn’t really know what it was I presume it is in fact WC. Are these animals reproduced in captivity often, or as much as V. timorensis?

That is great, I was sold a CB Timor and ended up getting a WC auffenbergi. This breeder is going to get a nice email in a little bit. Thanks for spotting that out and letting me know.

crevalle

That is great, I was sold a CB Timor and ended up getting a WC auffenbergi. This breeder is going to get a nice email in a little bit. Thanks for spotting that out and letting me know.

Were you aware that auffenbergi are considerably more expensive than timorensis, not to mention more visually striking? I realize you probably weren't sold captive bred as advertised, which stinks, but your's look healthy so maybe look on the bright side that you don't have timorensis (I never enjoyed mine much).

I am just a bit upset because I have been looking into getting one or two female timors, now I guess I won’t be breeding them as I have not even seen this species for sale. I am guessing that is mostly because the sellers mislabel or misidentify the species. Do you know of anybody who is currently having success breeding auffenbergi?

Visit our friends