Vending at expos:

jakemyster44

I plan to vend at a local expo near me in a month or two, and have been thinking of what supplies I should bring. The main thing I am wondering is, how do you supply heat to the geckos? I assumed that a small heat lamp would suffice, since its only 3-4 hours long. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I

IDGecko

No Heat

Hi Jake,

It is my opinion that you not worry about supplying heat to the geckos. They will do just fine at room temps for even a couple of days. I have had friends in the past who heated their geckos at shows with heat tape or heat cable, and 1 or 2 geckos overheated and died as a result. I have never known anyone who lost a gecko due to cold. Even I leave my geckos on venue tables overnight during winter months and have never lost an animal. I do recommend lights though if the room has dim lighting, that way it shows off your animals better. Also, I have never altered colors on my geckos from leaving them in cold temps over a weekend event (even the albino's do fine).

I would recommend you bring the following though: receipt book and pen, hand sanitizer, paper towels, small bag for trash, business cards, basic care sheets, snacks/bottled drinks for you. You could also bring a sheet or something to throw over the table to make it look nicer. And if you bring lights, don't forget to bring an extension cord!

Good luck and Have Fun!

~Hailey
www.IDGecko.com

Visit our friends