Venus Fly Trap?

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
I'm considering a naturalistic vivarium for my Crested Gecko, Caillou.

I plan on using Nepenthes, Saracenia, an orchid and/or bromeliad. But I think a Venus Fly Trap would also be an interesting choice.

Would anyone be concerned that Caillou would be too slow (mentally or physically) to prevent himself getting his toe, or tail, caught in the traps?

I have little doubt he'd have the physical strength to extricate himself, but what if it spooks him?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
The traps won't be strong enough to harm him, but I doubt the Flytrap or the Sarracenia will do well, they both need very bright light, and also require a cold dormant period to survive.

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
The traps won't be strong enough to harm him, but I doubt the Flytrap or the Sarracenia will do well, they both need very bright light, and also require a cold dormant period to survive.

:main_thumbsup:

I intend on using a sufficiently powerful full spectrum plant light, and removing them for their appropriate cooling period. This has naturally limited my choice in orchids.

It's not my first plant rodeo! I actually started with plants, and moved to geckos. I've always been particularly interested in epiphytes and carnivorous plants.

geckofreak24

um have u ever poked a vunus fly trap. they have like zero force. he will have no trouble getting out and i highly doubt it would spook even the jumpiest of geckos

Visit our friends