Very frustrated......

Diego:)

3 Year Member
I have been all over the internet google, websites, everything you could think of and am left with nothing. Well, I have a thirty gallon tank and currently have two crested geckos living in there. I was considering buying a third and couldn't find anything on if that's the appropriate tank sizing and all that... What's your opinion geckotalk?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
It would probably be fine, but I've never tried it myself. Just remember your geckos may not want another roommate, so you should be prepared to separate them if they don't get along. If you have a scale you should monitor their weights to make sure they are eating enough. Losing weight is a sign that they are bullied or otherwised stressed.

GiggleSheep

I do not know from experience, but I just recently read that a 29 gallon tank is appropriate for a trio, so I'd say that'd be perfect! Like Amanda said however, you will need to monitor any newcomers for a while to be safe.

BeardieBeast91

I have been all over the internet google, websites, everything you could think of and am left with nothing. Well, I have a thirty gallon tank and currently have two crested geckos living in there. I was considering buying a third and couldn't find anything on if that's the appropriate tank sizing and all that... What's your opinion geckotalk?

Yes, 3 geckos can definitely fit in a 30 gallon. You'll generally want 10 gallons per gecko, therefore a 50 gallon could fit 5 geckos. Just make sure you have many hiding spots so that they don't fight. I would also keep a close eye on the 3 of them and make sure they dont fight. You'll usually want to keep your new gecko in a quarantine tank for 30 days and make sure he is healthy before putting him in there. :)

Visit our friends