Vitamin combination?

Byost86

Can anyone please give me a list of vitamins that I can put together to create a good vitamin powder to give to my reptiles? Or can anyone show me a link to a forum or website that has this question already asked. Thanks again for all the help.

-Brian

Byost86

I'm using that product now, butI run out of it fast and its not really cheep to keep buying little jars. Do they make a larger container size? I wanted to know because I want to make a large amount so I don't have to keep running to +++++ and getting jabbed by there prices.

DrCarrotTail

I have 30 adult geckos and raise 50-100 babies a year. I dust with repashy in 70% of my feedings. I go through about a pound each year. I use about 1/4 teaspoon each feeding to cover 500 or so mealworms. I just put them into a Solo cup and shake them up with it. same with crickets and dubia. If you have only a couple of geckos the 3oz jar should last you a year or more. I buy mine in bulk, I think it's around $20/pound.

I also provide a small dish of RepCal wtihout D3 and leave Vionate mixed with Osteoform SA in a 3:1 ratio in their food bowls. Vionate is grain based so the insects will eat it but it doesn't make a good food duster as the grains are too large.

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
Yea, I bought bulk Repashy calcium plus TWO year ago and I still have enough for another year or two. I put a small amount in a jar and keep the rest in the fridge to keep. I have 7 reptiles total. So I'm surprised you're going through the jars that quickly! Perhaps you're dusting too heavily, you really only need a pinch to dust feeders lightly.

Byost86

I have been placing a shallow dish of the stuff in each of my geckos aquariums (which I have around 18 I believe) plus I dust the feeders each night when I feed them, so I have been trying not to go threw so much maybe I'm just putting to much powder in each bowl. I don't know well I will look into buying off line thanks again for all the helps guys.

-Brian

DrCarrotTail

They need a lot more calcium than many of the other vitamins in the Repashy so I give a shallow bowl of RepCal without D3. I use soda caps or mini tea light candle holders and give about a 1/2 teaspoon at a time. They tend to walk through it and smear it all over so it needs to be changed about once a week and I find if I give much more it's wasted.

Visit our friends