Vitamin Question?!

jrr429

I purchased a leopard gecko recently and just have a question on the supplements.

So i gut load the melworms i am feeding this little guy, and before I feed the mto him I spray the mealworms with Zilla Vitamin Supplement with Beta Carotene.

It says on the bottle it has calcium in it so I was wondering if spraying the mealworms with this is enough or if i should get a calcium supplement in addition to this vitamin one?

Thanks for any and all help.

Knibitz

Pet Owner
It's generally recommended that you do a dish of just plain calcium in the tank.
dust calcium with D3 every other feeding
and then do a multivitamin once a week

so yes, it'd be best to do another calcium.

jrr429

alright, i figured i should get a calium dish anyways. so thanks for the eassurance :)..but so just scrap the spray you think? or will the vitamin spray be ok as the multivitamin source?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
If the spray says it's a mutli vit then use it as a multi vit, but like the other poster said keep the pure plain calcium with out D3 in the tank 24/7. I use a glass votif candle holder, others use a gatoraide lid. Doesn't have to be huge, and I see lil nose prints in my calcium dish all the time (well there and in his sand box).

jrr429

okie, sounds good. sorry if i sound unintelligent with all the questions. I'm just trying to make sure I got things squared away. Always like this whenever I get a new type of animal for the first time :)

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Dude, I wish you could see some of the PM's I sent the guy that I bought my gecko from. We all start somewhere and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I'm the same way when I get into a new animal. I spend weeks researching it on line then I ask the breeder/seller a TON of questions just to make sure what I read is accurate. Don't feel badly.

Last edited:

Visit our friends