Vitamin Spray/Calcium Spray

Geckomaster743

So recently, I've had a lot of trouble with supplementation. When I first bought my Leopard Geckos three - four years ago I wasn't told about the importance of Calcium and Vitamin supplementing. I feel like I didn't look at those two factors as important and its now affecting my geckos. I've been calcium supplementing for a while ago but I feel like my methods weren't efficent. I use reptile carpet and usually just put some dust in a pile and they lick it up. After a day it dries up and doesnt become edible any more or catch my geckos interest. I bought a few dishs, and got some bottle caps for the powder but I also bought these three sprays that should make my life a little easier but I had a few questions about them.

The 3 Sprays I bought were:
- Zilla's Shed Spray ( a Aloe Vera, Water, solution that you give to your geckos to bathe in for twenty minutes that helps shed come off easier.)
-Zilla's Vitamin Spray ( Allows you to Spray mealworms/crickets with Liquid vitamins. I thought of getting this because my geckos will some times not eat dusted insects )
-Zilla's Calcium Spray ( Same reason as Vitamin Spray )

If you have any experince with these products please give me advice, thanks!

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I've never used any of those. I have heard good things about Repashy Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus. I think if you dusted your mealworms with that at every meal, that should be good. I know you said your geckos won't eat dusted insects, but I bet they won't starve themselves so they would get used to it after a while. Then you can leave a bottle cap full of calcium (without vitamin D) in their enclosure in case they need more calcium.

Geckomaster743

I've never used any of those. I have heard good things about Repashy Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus. I think if you dusted your mealworms with that at every meal, that should be good. I know you said your geckos won't eat dusted insects, but I bet they won't starve themselves so they would get used to it after a while. Then you can leave a bottle cap full of calcium (without vitamin D) in their enclosure in case they need more calcium.
Yeah thanks!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I haven't used any of those sprays either but I like Amanda's advice. Not advocating starving them but just convincing them of what they should be eating

Visit our friends