Vivarium not getting enough humidity!

av0827713

Hi! I have a set up and I'm making sure the levels are just right before getting my first gecko. I've noticed my humidity is at 30%, my vivarium has a screen lid and front opening doors it's a 20gal exoterra. Can I put a blanket, half covering over the top to increase humidity? Or anything else over the lid?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think you need to worry. Provide a humid hide and if the general environment is too dry, the gecko will spend more time in the humid hide. I live in New England with no AC. In the winter the humidity is very low due to force hot air heat and in the summer it gets quite humid because of no AC. My 50 or so geckos are all fine (and the oldest one is 16!). It is important, in my opinion, not to use a heat lamp or ceramic heat emitter because that does dry out the air a lot.

Aliza

Stryker

Hi! I have a set up and I'm making sure the levels are just right before getting my first gecko. I've noticed my humidity is at 30%, my vivarium has a screen lid and front opening doors it's a 20gal exoterra. Can I put a blanket, half covering over the top to increase humidity? Or anything else over the lid?
Maybe try using that tinfoil duct tape on the top screen

Visit our friends