Waxworms

Pebbles

My leopard geckos haven't been eating that much lately and I have been trying everything. The one eats crickets occasionally, but the other leopard gecko isn't eating at all (she used to only eat crickets). I tried mealworms and at first they didn't eat them, but now I notice a few are gone but I'm not sure which gecko is eating the mealworms. Since the one gecko is getting too skinny, I finally bought waxworks and was thrilled that she was eating them! I know they are supposed to be treats, but yesterday I gave her 4 since it was the first time I actually saw her eat in months. I'm going to continue to offer crickets and mealworms as a staple, but how often and how many waxworks should I give, especially to the one who is getting skinny?

Thanks for any help!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If they are housed together and one is getting skinny, you really need to separate them since one may be bullying the other. The problem with waxworms is that the geckos often get hooked on them and refuse anything else. Not eating is usually a symptom rather than the actual problem. The problem may be: ovulation, bullying, other illness.

Aliza

Visit our friends