Ways to exercise a lazy, overweight crestie?

Midnakronos

Hi there,

Really sad story to be honest. I have a few cresties and one of them is named kiwi. She was a rescue and was brought up in a pretty bad breeding environment where she wasn't fed properly and had to fight with males for food, really sad stuff honestly. She was super thin when i got her and on the brink of mbd.

I brought her home and now she has a quiet viv that is large (45x45x90) so should have plenty of space to exercise but because she was so used to fighting for her life she's now gone completely the other way. She scoffs her food like its gonna be taken away and doesn't do much moving around so she's getting really chunky. I've tried having fasting days, I don't feed her lots of fattening foods like worms ect and I don't give her jelly. She doesn't eat bugs at the minute and will not be coaxed into proper hunting. I've tried buying new things to explore and getting her out but it's just not working. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 17120008410838501143988412606727.jpg
    17120008410838501143988412606727.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I imagine you're feeding her CGD? What would happen if you put small amounts of CGD in different places so she has to range all over the cage to eat?

Aliza

Midnakronos

I imagine you're feeding her CGD? What would happen if you put small amounts of CGD in different places so she has to range all over the cage to eat?

Aliza
Hmm thank you, that could be worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes

Visit our friends