Weight of mealworms

Ross85

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a standard weight of 1000 med-large mealworms. I'm looking to sell some of the ones I have and figured I would ask before taking the time to figure it out.

Thanks

Redleg

I would count out 50 mealworms and weigh them......multiple the weight of the 50 mealworms to whatever count you are aiming for.......

50 mealworms is 20 grams, I want to sell 500 mealworms.......so your total weight of 500 mealworms should come out to 200 grams.....add some more just to be on the safe side......210 grams is good.

Does that all make sense?

Ross85

Thanks, I will probably count them out into 50 med-large worms then weigh them. Then do it a few more times to get an average. I just didn't know if there was kind of a standard weight to use.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I think that would be a sufficient way of being accurate for a large scale of feeders. However who ever is buying them would need to know its a figured weight to volume and not an actual count.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I used to sell mealworms by weight. I weighed 100 mealworms and they were 8 grams so I figured 80 grams would be 1000. Of course, it really depends on the size of the mealworms. As long as you are clear about what people are getting, selling by weight is no problem. I sell my mealworms very cheap. I would sell 100 (hand counted) for $2 and 80 grams, estimated as 1000 for $5.

Aliza

Visit our friends