Weird breeder?

Yveskevin

Hi guys - im about to purchase a gecko, but i backed off when i learned he uses human baby milk powder as his source of calcium and other mineral source. He said its basically the same thing since its rich in calcium and all other needed minerals, but its the first time if heard of it. Thought maybe i'd hear from you guys first before i push through with this, any thoughts?

GexPex

Honestly, I'd be turning away from buying from the guy...but maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge of alternative calcium sources will chime in here.

Best Friend

I wouldn't. My sister has two hermit crabs, she knows a lot. Some "expert ," told her painted shells are okay. (He was trying to get her to buy something.) Be careful that you trust who you get your pet from, hoped this helped.

B&B Geckos

I have heard of a few others that supplement with formula also. However, I've never purchased such a gecko, so don't know how it affects their health. If I had to guess, i'd say that it'd work well enough as a supplement. However, I wonder about the effect of milk on geckos. I doubt that they are feeding on much prey with mammary glands in the wild.

Last edited:

Visit our friends