Weird...

LizMarie

I don't want to sound like one of those dark emo people or whatever they're called but lately this whole 2012 hysteria has been getting to me. Supposedly both the Mayan indians (are they indians? Been awhile since I've taken a history class) and Nostradamus predicated that something BIG is going to happen in 2012 and people are seeing as the end of the world type of thing.

As I was looking back at old journals I wrote one day that I have this feeling that I'll never make it past the age of 24 and I won't see my 25th birthday, this was when I was around 12!!! And 2012 is the year I turn 24! Creepy!

No wonder I go to therapy with this type of thinking.. :main_laugh:

jmlslayer

Nope i think the say thing Liz i highly beleive it will happen.... im getting the myan clander tattooed on my pec lol

Bellalee

I hadnt even heard about it.. but now it is time to fret. Ha.. I hate being so superstisious and sometimes so believable.

I said once upon a time I would never get past the age of 21, here I am .. 24. Oh well.

LizMarie

I hadnt even heard about it.. but now it is time to fret. Ha.. I hate being so superstisious and sometimes so believable. .

I know.. I was always opposed to stuff like that but now it has me thinking with everything thats been going on.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, I'm pretty worried about 2012 because I remember all the terrible stuff that happened with Y2K.

ALiza

LizMarie

Next you will be quoting the bible :main_laugh:

I wouldn't go that far I'd like to keep my sanity.

Yes, I'm pretty worried about 2012 because I remember all the terrible stuff that happened with Y2K.

ALiza

Lol.. my old ass computer did go looney. When I turned it on in 2000 it reverted back to like a 100 year ago on the date, lmao

Last edited:

leoman777

I don't want to sound like one of those dark emo people or whatever they're called but lately this whole 2012 hysteria has been getting to me. Supposedly both the Mayan indians (are they indians? Been awhile since I've taken a history class) and Nostradamus predicated that something BIG is going to happen in 2012 and people are seeing as the end of the world type of thing.

As I was looking back at old journals I wrote one day that I have this feeling that I'll never make it past the age of 24 and I won't see my 25th birthday, this was when I was around 12!!! And 2012 is the year I turn 24! Creepy!

No wonder I go to therapy with this type of thinking.. :main_laugh:

holy crap me too but i dont usually believe in this kind of stuff but i was watching a show about it and they said the inner core of the world is going to spin.... so the north pole is where the south pole was and vice versa and theres supposed to be like earthquakes and stuff like that and its supposed to happen December 21 which is my birthday.... its kinda weird

ajq1540

GF's youngest I think
They also said it was going to happen every time the myan calender ends but as far as I know I'm alive and looking forward to next year.
I don't believe in stupidstitions (I don't mean to offend people if i did I am sorry It's just my opinion)

robin

hey if its the end of the world what can we do? nothing. so just go on living your lives

Wolfyhound

It's ridiculous. Even Nostrodamus's so called predictions are bunk. They just wait for something note-worthy to happen, then claim he predicted it, and in many cases they even make up the things he suposedly wrote. Same as Edgar Casey. Same as all the bible prophesy folks. "Oh yeah... this is 'code' for 'someone died'.

The big 2012 thing is just more bunk. With Y2K, people warned about it, because it was a written in issue in technology, and everyone with 2 brain cells realized, "Oh yeah, so we'll fix this before it's an issue". If your computer wasn't compliant, you knew it, you just didn't fix it in time, or transfer your stuff to a new one, so it's not exactly a 'disaster' is it?

That's like saying, "Well, it rains a lot in florida in the summer, and I have a big hole in my roof." Then instead of fixing the hole, you sit around whining that the summer will be a 'huge disaster'. If you don't fix the stupid hole, you deserve to have a flooded house.

Besides, the Mayans DID have inscriptions that refer to dates past the date 2012. They just divide 'eras' up, which makes the 14th b'ak'tun end at 2012, not the universe end then. The actual dates listed in the Mayan calander doesn't even translate properly to the Dec 23rd 2012, so the doom-sayers don't even have the date exactly right, according to actual Ancient Experty type peoples.

It's bunk.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Isn't 2012 about some cosmic alignment that will lead Earth to more natural disasters? Like giant earthquakes, eruption of super volcanoes, extreme solar activities...etc. I think we'll see more and more of those until 2012, then everything will calm down and we start all over again; or we're still in the calm stage at the moment, and 2012 marks the beginning of the rough times to come.

Anyhow, I must hatch my first gecko before everything ends.

Ehatcher

Meh, im more worried about the world imploding from nuclear warfare than the 2012 stuff. I dont believe it one bit. If it happens though, so be it, Im ready.

Wolfyhound

We should all worry about the more serious issues facing us. Things like global pollution levels, poverty worldwide at incredible levels, and zombies. Especially zombies.

Totally OT: Did you know that if you cite "Not a good enough field of fire in case of zombie invasion" as a reason you don't want to purchase a house, the real estate lady doesn't want to help you any longer?? WTF is up with that??

JordanAng420

You all are scaring the crap out of me. Seriously, I need one more thing to stress about just about as much as I need a vasectomy. I like what Wolfy says, she makes me feel better! :)

Visit our friends