What age do you sell at?

GexPex

So it's my first year breeding and currently have just a week-old hatchling. I know that it's too young to sell, and would like to wait until it is regularly eating on its own and definitely gets older.

But at about what age do you all usually sell yours? I'm possibly going to wait until it's about 6 months or so in order to be sure of the gender, as well as the morph....plus I'd like to see the progression, as it's my first lil "grandbaby" gecko. lol

DrCarrotTail

Before shipping or otherwise letting a hatchling head off to its new home you probably want to wait until it's is chunky enough to handle a few days of stress which can cause it to stop eating. I think over 15 grams with a healthy appetite should be safe.

ImNotYogi

I'm not a breeder but while I was researching some they wouldn't ship until the leo was eating on its own and at least 20 grams. Or 15, depending. As DrCarrotTail said it'd be good to get them healthy enough to handle a few days of stress. I received mine when he was about 3 months old and he has been eating great since day 1 as he was well cared for with the breeder.

Visit our friends