What am I?

Aunity

I recently received two free geckos off craigslist...one is doing great, other terrible which i was told he was just old when i got him.. and now from my studies i see he has mouth rot. I wanted to know what type of gecko is the yellow one in these pictures and what should I do about the leopard with mbd and mouth rot? Do you seperate them? So everyone knows i Received the gecko like this and it was not from my doing. The yellow one has got much fatter since I got him also. Thanks and any info will be much appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58199476@N08/5342744273/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58199476@N08/5343356662/in/photostream/

fl_orchidslave

Hopefully a moderator will move this to the correct section for you.

I didn't see the problems you described in the photos, but if that's what it is, you will need to see a qualified herp vet for the correct course of treatment. Often times free geckos end up being rather costly to rehabilitate.

Aunity

Hopefully a moderator will move this to the correct section for you.

I didn't see the problems you described in the photos, but if that's what it is, you will need to see a qualified herp vet for the correct course of treatment. Often times free geckos end up being rather costly to rehabilitate.
yes i am sorry i left that picture out. I like to delete my threads after i have finished them. one other question ... i look at other fat tail geckos. why is my geckos tail just one fat long tail without the rivets. you see in most other fat tails they have choppy waves on there tails.... does it come with age or go with age?

Bloody Holly

yes i am sorry i left that picture out. I like to delete my threads after i have finished them. one other question ... i look at other fat tail geckos. why is my geckos tail just one fat long tail without the rivets. you see in most other fat tails they have choppy waves on there tails.... does it come with age or go with age?

That gecko with the "one fat long tail" has a regenerated tail. That means that he or she lost their tail and grew it back. The section of the tail that is wavy is part of the original tail. Regenerated tails normally grow back stubby and don't end up looking like the original tail, that's why it looks different. My gecko has a regenerated tail!

Visit our friends