What are the signs of a sick gecko?

earls413

Mine sits in his warm hide with his head hanging out and licks a lot. I heard him make a noise twice or at least I believe it was him I didn't actually see him but theirs not much else it could have been, it sounded kind of like a cat throwing up a hairball. He eats fine and when I take him out he's as active as usual. I've been thinking he needed to shed for about a month and have sprayed him periodically but he still hasn't shed, and he begs for more food now too. Should I be concerned thanxs

lisa s

some of mine sometimes makes a noice to. Instead of spraying him he needs a humid hide wich you keep moist - just a box with a hole and then you can put in toilet-paper or perhaps vermeculite. He might have sheeded already, it goes so fast and is often in the night - I rarelly see my 30 leo's sheed :)

L

laughing dog

most people use moss, or paper towel, as its just less messy(i guess), easy to work with. ive never heard about being ok to use vermiculite, but have wondered. mine like to drink out of the humid hides, so i just use the moss, as i know it wont cause problems.

Visit our friends