What are those Fuzzie-Wuzzies?

J

Jedi Master Bruce

Hi Everyone. What are the Fuzzie-Wuzzies that come in with crickets and mealworms? Do they turn into those medium-size black beetles that come flying out when you open the feeders? What are those? What do they do?

robin

i dont know they exact name of them but i know what you are talking about those lil fuzzy black worm looking thing ... i forgot what they turn into and what they exactly are LOL ... i havent gotten those kind of bugs in my bugs in a very long time.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Are you talking about those black, hairy worms? I don't know the official name, but I heard they're suppose to be good. They clean the feeder's tub by eating dead crickets and dead worms.

brandy101010

gothra said:
Are you talking about those black, hairy worms? I don't know the official name, but I heard they're suppose to be good. They clean the feeder's tub by eating dead crickets and dead worms.

I need me some of those!

N

NewportGeckos

I believe they are larvae of "Dermestid" beetles. Also known as carpet beetles. The larvae and beetles consume dead flesh and really help keep large bug colonies clean. The downside however, is that the beetles can fly, and flesh is their favorite food. Yes the beetles certainly will bite! but don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to squish them before they get you too badly...;)

J

Jedi Master Bruce

They are flesh-eating beetles? Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Visit our friends