What happen to my gecko?

INDOTORTO

I really don't know what is going on with my sunglow. She is 4-5 month old, and I just found out yesterday she become like below:
Sunglow-sick.jpg

sunglow-sick2.jpg

She looks like a frog.......but she is still eating well.
Please help me. Is it dangerous? or that's normal for young gecko?
Thanks.

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
wow ive never seen anything like this before he might have someting stuck like a large cricket if u watch ure leos eat it sometimes looks like that before they swallow the pray but it goes away! just a though anyway

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
I have seen Leos with extra skin under their neck but it usually looks wrinkly. That almost looks fluid filled. Does it feel hard, squishy, hollow, etc?

JordanAng420

I wanna x ray it.

I'd like to see if it's affecting bone, or if it's a fluid filled mass.

:: pulls the reptile medicine books off the shelf ::

JordanAng420

Without an xray I can't say but my brain is SCREAMING submandibular osteomyelitis

In any case...I wish I worked in Indonesia because that is SUPER interesting.

INDOTORTO

Thanks guys for all the comment.
I will see in 1 week or so if the swollen will be gone by itself, since she is still eating well.
BTW, the swollen is soft, just like air or liquid in it.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal shortly.
I will keep you guys updated.
Thanks.

JordanAng420

Owen, how is the gecko doing in general?

Any problems with the bones or MBD in the past? Osteomylelitis can cause skeletal abscesses...can also produce abnormal postures...any strange behavior from this gecko?

Radiographs along with culture and sensitivity (yes, I recommend this for EVERYTHING) testing are the diagnostics available. Treatment is with antibiotics and surgical curettage, if indicated.

INDOTORTO

Owen, how is the gecko doing in general?

Any problems with the bones or MBD in the past? Osteomylelitis can cause skeletal abscesses...can also produce abnormal postures...any strange behavior from this gecko?

Radiographs along with culture and sensitivity (yes, I recommend this for EVERYTHING) testing are the diagnostics available. Treatment is with antibiotics and surgical curettage, if indicated.
No unusual behaviour on the gecko at all Maia, it also looks fat and very healty. No history of infected of any disease at all. BTW, her tip of the tail bended a little bit though. I don't think it has any relationship with it.
I will keep you updated again on the progress.
Thanks for your help Maia. If you have any idea or anything at all that would help her, please let me know.
Thanks.

Visit our friends