What is a BEE?

Quah

I know a BEE is an Enigma with the Eclipse trait or a Black Eyed Enigma. I was wondering can a Mack Enigma have black eyes and not have the eclipse trait? If there is a difference between all black eyes and eclipse eyes how do you tell?

BlackDiamondGeckos

Most non-eclipse mack enigmas are born with black eyes and they fade as they get older.

Black eyes and eclipse eyes are not the same. Blizzards, SS, and Enigmas all make some kind of black eye- check out this article on eclipse eyes in the leopard gecko wiki.

Neo.Reptiliac

Not trying to hijack the thread. Im just curious about something having to do with BBE's. How long does the eyes usually stay black?

matt1134

REPTILE ADDICT
that article kinda confused me. so is a super snow enigma a BEE from what i got out of the article is that the super form of mack snow is an eclipse gene. can some one explain this to me.

Last edited:
M

M&I Gecko

The actual eclipse gene is a recessive gene that is all on its own. Blizzards, Super Snows, and Mack Snow Enigmas (when young) can make a different type of "eclipse" eye. Like the wiki stated we don't really know how the blizzard one works. A "regular" eclipse i guess you could say is like a raptor that isn't albino. Sorry if I just made it more confusing.

Visit our friends