what is best in the moist hide?

O

ordinaryoddity

i started out using paper towels, which work fairly decent, only needs to be misted about once a day...

after reading some more info on this forum i decided to try zilla's fir & sphagnum peat moss mix... horrible. dries up way too fast and is just plain dirty.

now im using zoo med's sphagnum moss and its wonderful! it stays moist for daaaays and i have not seen any cons whatsoever

ppoulto

we tried the moss and my male and female don't seem to like it. When given the choice they will always take the moist hide with paper towel over a moist moss hide any day. Elly-May even prefers to lay her eggs in the paper one much to my horror (Jethro needed a moist hide for shed while she was ready for laying). I am going to try coco fiber and see if she will use that.

Byost86

I use the eco earth that comes in a brick then you have to water it down for it to expand. I also place moss within the hide. Its not sphagnum moss, but a different type. Im sorry I cant give the same but I buy it a lowes for real cheep. Only need to spray it maybe once every other week.

Visit our friends