What is my Gecko?

I

icePiK

My mate the other day found a gecko in his garage eating half a tub of chocolate Yogo and gave it to me. I am unable to work out what type of gecko it is I have been surfing the net trying to find out. I think it is either a Marbled Gecko (Christinus marmoratus) or a Velvet Gecko (Oedura lesueurii). I've seen convincing pictures of both and i'm fairly sure that it's a Marbled Gecko. I was just wondering if a Gecko-Pro would be able to confirm this for me so I can find an appropriate care sheet. I like this little fella, and I want him to survive. Any help or suggestions for his care would be a bonus also.

Here is a picture I took shortly after I got him/her...

yogo.jpg

By the way, how do you tell the sex of a gecko? Or of this particular type of gecko? Do they even have gender?

Thanks heaps,

icePiK

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
if it is an aussy species I would suggest email Derek Dunlop (ddreptiles), he works with alot of aussy species and he could help you

I

icePiK

thanks, van_veen456 and darkridder for your replies.

i will contact (ddreptiles). yer he is an aussie species and he was found in melbourne australia. i'm really worried about the little guy as he wont eat and just sits under the log all day in the tank. there are crickets bouncing around in the tank, but the only one that eats seems to be the eastern three-lined skink i found. he's a guts. has a healthy appetite and has found his water too.

when we found the gecko he was munchin on a tub of yogo, is that bad for him? is dairy allrite for them. i know he has a taste for chocolate yogo. i just dont want to give it to him if it is going to harm him.

thanks for the help guys.

icepik.

I

icePiK

i cant find that guy on the forums here, there is ddkgecko, but no ddreptiles. ill keep my eye out for him but, if you see that guy, please point him in this direction.

thanks.

Visit our friends