What is Special About Leopard Gecko? :D

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Well definately their personality for me added with the above, I mean come on when they are hunting for mealies when they take that first look and step back to take aim. I can't not laugh at that.

Tommy13b

For me, id say Colors, And character, alot of this packed into somthing so small is amusing.

lady.gekko

Where to start...

-Variety of color (morphs) to choose from. It seems to be endless and even when dealing with a specific morph, the variety that can come from the markings is amazing.
-Simple Care ~ You can go away for a weekend and not feel bad, no real cost for caging, or specific lights/special needs. If you can't afford the "start up" costs, they are happily housed in tupperwear.
-THEY POOP IN THE SAME SPOT!! - after having a variety of animals whether reptiles or hamsters/birds/cats/dogs, Leo's by far have to be one of the most tidy animals I've had.
-Their personality, they tame down usually pretty nice, most of mine can just "chill" in my sweater and will usually sit there for hours. They have funny traits and reactions. Some of mine I can predict their behavior due to routine.
-The fact that if kept proper they can live for 20+years. It seems as though once you get attached to a pet they pass away. The majority of serious gecko keepers I've met have several Leos that are already in their teens.

I could go on, but honestly, Leopard Geckos are one of the best "pets" I've had. A lot of people I hear call them "boring", but I think they are far more entertaining then any small animal you can get. They have so many good traits, are usually problem free, and adaptable to so many different lifestyles or situations.

They are perfect!

F

fikken

the funny positions they sleep in, the way they explore when taken out or enclosure changed around, aren't fast moving and thus easy to hold. the fact that my gecko is totally chill just being curled up in my collar. great personalities, colors, etc. just a really awesome pet all round

Haligren

is behind you.
Well when I first saw the leopard gecko, I was very much attracted to their faces. So raptor-esque and yet so friendly with their little smiles and big eyes. Next, I liked their spots and colors. I later really liked them when I found they came in other colors and patterns. And lastly it was that FAT TAIL. I like big butts and I cannot lie!

No other animal quite has a tail like a fat tailed gecko. For some reason when drawing these guys, the big fat tail is the icing on the cake. I like watching them wave it around when their anxious/showing dominance or that little rattle before they snap up a cricket. And even if they lose their tails, it grows back! How nifty is that? Too bad we can't do that with our arms and legs! lol

Also their little personalities are just so cute. And watching them eat is so much fun. Sometimes I don't feel like feeding them but I know I have to and when I do I'm reminded of why I enjoy feeding time, and I always wonder why I don't feel like doing it sometimes. lol

Not only that but they're upkeep is so simple and they're generally very clean and healthy animals. I cannot fathom why anyone would find these little guys repulsive or uninspiring. Sure you may not be able to teach them tricks but animals weren't put here for our amusement. Also what need would a gecko have of tricks aside from maybe showing that they can follow orders?

Although I don't know how to get mine to settle down when I take them out. Many people here say that their geckos are great just chilling, but all mine want to do is explore! lol

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I like how they are chubby and have a cute face, "like" human interaction, have no fur and are cold to the touch...

Starwild

Gex 'n Snakes
They're cute, colorful, tame, have fun behaviors and are very easy to care for. They're also long-lived even when compared to dogs and cats. They're just about the perfect pet, to me.

ajveachster

I like when a leo is cold and will squish down on your hand to get warm. I also like the babies when they try to act big and scream at you. Talk about a Napoleon complex. I'm sure the poll about watching them eat speaks for itself. There are so many things, but many of them have been mentioned before. I am like Cassandra, and "Baby Got Back" I think has to be the leo theme song.

Visit our friends