What morph do you think the one on the right is?

newbie420

Sorry about my recent posts on this. The parents are a gem x rainwater pair. Any ideas about its genetics?

Attachments

• allens gecko.jpg
    allens gecko.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 61

Neo.Reptiliac

High yellows. Might be mixed with hypo to reduce the pattern. But that wouldn't make them hypos, so don't get me wrong when I say mixed with them..

Neo.Reptiliac

I just noticed your post along with the photos. If its parents are rainwater x gem then it sure doesnt look like it to me. (rainwater) Albino x (gem) Snow would throw off some normals for sure. But they would only be possible hets for Rainwater.

Also ignore Robin's harshness. If she wanted to be helpful she would have posted her opinion on the morph.

newbie420

Robin i'm new to this so i was having trouble. I kept posting it wrong. So i deleted them and posted it right this time. It only took me 100 post give me a break

Neo.Reptiliac

Newbie with a Rainwater x Gem Snow Mix you will get Normals het for Rainwater or Snows het for Rainwater. Since they are clearly not snows then its a Normal who's pattern has been slightly changed cause of the mixture. If I'm wrong then so is the Genetics Calculator. Cause I double checked with it.

robin

Newbie with a Rainwater x Gem Snow Mix you will get Normals het for Rainwater or Snows het for Rainwater. Since they are clearly not snows then its a Normal who's pattern has been slightly changed cause of the mixture. If I'm wrong then so is the Genetics Calculator. Cause I double checked with it.

ever thought it was a ghost hypo and that the diluted color comes from the gem snow influence?

robin

gem snow is a line bred snow yes?so if thats the case couldnt that animal be a gem snow hypo het rainwater. that animal is certainly not normal. perhaps one of the parents was a hypo or hybino?

robin

all i am trying to say is that is it not too far off to think that ,that hypo has some snow influence in it, from the gem?

paulnj

I agree with it possibly being a gem. I would wait for Yellermellon or another Gem breeder to confirm though. Definately has tang and some hypo influence from the rainwater and is 100% het RW too.

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
well it doesn't look like a snow. my honest opinon, being parents are rainwaterXgem snow I would say its a Hypo/low grade tang thats het for rainwater. being that its a hypo I would have to guess one or both of the parents had hypo influences. do you have any other offspring this pair?

the one on the left is a really nice tangerine, love it

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Gem snow is Dominant.
I do not think either of those are Gem snows. Here is a picture of a Gem snow het RRS that came from colorful parents, gems usually are much whiter than that one, even into adulthood. Best thing to do If you want to prove it a Gem is to breed it next year and see if you get any white and black babies :main_thumbsup:
Sorry my photobucket is broke right now will link to older post
11 pictures down.
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=48004

V

VitalTears

cool looking geckos..and yea prolly a high yellow mixed with hypo, just a guess xD

robin

Gem snow is Dominant.
I do not think either of those are Gem snows. Here is a picture of a Gem snow het RRS that came from colorful parents, gems usually are much whiter than that one, even into adulthood. Best thing to do If you want to prove it a Gem is to breed it next year and see if you get any white and black babies :main_thumbsup:
Sorry my photobucket is broke right now will link to older post
11 pictures down.
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=48004

remember k&N's "ghosts" a long time back? i wonder if it could be something like that at that time considered co-dominant. it was just like a very very light hypo.

robin

also, explain to me how a gem snow is dominant. when you breed a gem to a "normal" you have half gems and half normals, yes? wouldn't that be co-dominance? it would be dominant if 100% of the babies were snow.

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
also, explain to me how a gem snow is dominant. when you breed a gem to a "normal" you have half gems and half normals, yes? wouldn't that be co-dominance? it would be dominant if 100% of the babies were snow.

Only if it is a homozygous gem. A heterozygous gem would give you %50 normal %50 gem.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Co Dom produces a super when bred together, gem x gem = gem Mack x Mack = super snow. The only crazy thing is gem x Mack = super ha ha. But truth remained gem x gem = no super so can nit be co dominant.
I thought it was Ray hine ghost? That geck in the picture looks to me like a high yellow, yes it could be other things but from OP question was gem x re is this a gem, my GuESs is no, it looks normal nut if u believe it is somthing prove it out next year.

Visit our friends